Moorish Hopper – Tan or Yellow
• The Moorish Hopper is a popular dry fly pattern that imitates a large grasshopper.
• It is tied with a dense foam body that floats well and survives many strikes.
• The fly also features legs and wings that are made with synthetic materials, which helps to give it a realistic appearance.
• The Moorish Hopper is available in sizes 6-14, and it can be fished in a variety of water conditions.
• The fly is a good choice for fishing in areas where grasshoppers are abundant, such as meadows, fields, and stream banks.
• The Moorish Hopper can be fished dead drift or with a slight retrieve, and it can be used as a dry fly or as an indicator for a dropper fly.
Here are some tips for fishing the Moorish Hopper
• Fish the Moorish Hopper in areas where you would find grasshoppers.
• Use a light tippet, as the Moorish Hopper is a large fly.
• Present the Moorish Hopper gently, as trout can be easily spooked.
• Dead drift the Moorish Hopper, or fish it with a slight retrieve.
• Be patient, as trout may take a few minutes to decide to eat the Moorish Hopper.
The Moorish Hopper is a versatile fly that can be used in a variety of conditions. It is a great fly to add to your fly box if you are looking for a fly that will imitate grasshoppers and catch trout.
Tan or Yellow
Sizes: # 06 - # 14